The Regent Theatre
Regent Arcade has long been a special building in Adelaide’s heart. Its history goes back to 1928 when it opened as The Regent Theatre, often described as one the most beautiful and luxurious theatres of its time. The third Regent Theatre to open in the Hoyts chain, it quickly became the hub of entertainment in Adelaide right through until the 1960’s. In March 1967, when television broadcasting had truly disrupted the cinema industry, The Regent Theatre opened its doors for one final time before closing for extensive renovations that established the arcade now known as Regent Arcade. Stroll through the heritage-listed facade today to a world of modern day retailers, eateries and more. All still in Adelaide’s heart, Rundle Mall.